THE EASIBIRTHING® COURSES
You have a choice of either, completing the very basics, or completing the full course. The more you learn, and more you practice the techniques, the more you will benefit from the techniques.
The Basic Course
The basic course is ideal if you are short on time, or would like to learn just the basics of hypnobirthing. The basic hypnobirthing course is 3 hours (delivered in 2 x 1.5 hour sessions) and costs £150 pounds.
During the course, you will learn:-
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- The effects of tension, fear and anxiety in childbirth
- How birth expectations affect outcome
- Birth Partner involvement during childbirth
- Childbirth affirmations.
- Content to meet your needs and requirements.
You will receive course material and a hypnosis relaxation mp3.
After completing the basic course, additional sessions are available if you require them. (This is subject to appointment availability)
Each session lasts 1.5 hours and costs £75.00 per session.There are 3 additional individual sessions. You can complete as many as you require. (Subject to appointment availabilty) The sessions can be tailored to meet your needs and requirements.
The Full Course
The full (advanced) hypnobirthing course is 7.5 hours and costs £350.00
The course will be delivered in 5 x 1.5 hours sessions.
During the course, you will learn:-
- How to relax and the importance of being calm and relaxed during the later half of pregnancy and during labour.
- How fear and tension creates pain during labour.
- Relaxation, self hypnosis and visualisation techniques to use during labour
- Breathing exercises to use, to breathe through contractions
- How to trigger calm states during labour
- The role of the birthing partner and how they can support and assist on the day of the birth
- Pain management techniques for stage 1 & 2 of labour
- How to release fears associated around labour and birthing.
- Knowledge of each stage of labour (please note this programme does not replace NHS antenatal sessions)
- Information regarding positions for labour and birth
- Visualisation for successful breast feeding
You will receive course material and 5 hypnobirthing mp3's.
Due to limited availability, it is advised to book your hypnobirthing course early.
After completing your hypnobirthing course, you will need to spend time practicing the techniques that you have been taught.
After you have completed your hypnobirthing, ongoing support is available, if you require it. This support will be provided via email. This support is ideal if you have any further questions, or need a recap on any of the techniques that you have learnt. There will be no additional charge for this support.
WHEN CAN I START THE COURSE?
You can attend the course anytime from 20 weeks of pregnancy. You should allow enough time, so that you are able to practice the techniques. The relaxation techniques taught on the course, will benefit you during your pregnancy.
If you are under 20 weeks of pregnancy and interested in hypnobirthing, you can pre-book this course in advance.
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS COURSE WITH ME?
I welcome the attendance of the birthing partner, as I encourage the birthing partner to have an active role to support and assist you with the techniques taught during the course. However, if the birthing partner is unable to attend, I will provide you with information that you can share with the birthing partner.
WHERE IS THE HYPNOSIS FOR CHILDBIRTH COURSE HELD?
The one-to-one hypnobirthing courses, are held at Salt Revive, Mill Lane, Beverley, East Yorkshire. The course sessions are held during the week.